Sunday, December 13, 2009

Ankle and leg progress

Over the past few days I have managed to spray the aluminium ankles from JAG and the cylinder holders, cylinders and wedges from Russ Brown

I then screwed the details into place on the ankles - well I tried but my chubby hands and fingers are too big to fiddle around inside the ankle so I got Caroline to help out

I then bolted the ankles onto the legs using 4x 1/4"x38mm bolts - I still need to get some washers for that

The legs are coming along nicely and all I need now are the shoulder details, ankle side details, boosters and booster covers

With Christmas coming up we're pretty busy but I still hope to make some progress on the skins and dome over the next few weeks

Wednesday, December 02, 2009

R2 Blue

I've finally chosen the blue spray paint for artoo and have started to paint the various panels...

It's a much darker blue than my first droid and is more like that used in empire. There are various methods of getting the R2 colour right using a mixture of paints etc but that seems like a lot of hassle and can become a nightmare trying to match damaged panels later down the line