Saturday, August 15, 2009

Dome progress and a little help

I have spent a bit of time today sorting the inner dome out.

The outer dome sat too high on the inner dome leaving a gap between the bottom and the bottom ring so I started to sand the inner dome but after a while this didn't seem to be working and my arm was aching despite getting a little help from a lego y-wing pilot

I then decided on a more drastic course of action - cutting the dome in half which should at least make the outer dome sit 1mm lower and thus make it seem right

Here's me cutting the dome

It also may have the added bonus of making working on the dome a little easier in the long run

Here you can see the cut inner dome with the outer dome

The Y wing pilot has also helped make the holes for the holoprojectors in the inner dome